The war between little humans and vegetables is long standing. Let’s outsmart those obnoxious little punks and make vegetables so damn tasty the feud will end. I felt positively outrageous the first time I fed my small son olives. He made a face that made him look possessed, yet he accepted them so readily. Olives have become a frequent feature in his diet. Those cheeky little suckers are rich in phytonutrients, good oils and antioxidants. And they make your child look hilarious when eating them! Winner!
– 2 tablespoons very finely chopped eggplant
– 2 tablespoons grated sweet potato or carrot (really you can put in any vegetable you want)
– 10 shredded baby spinach leaves
– 4 olives, pitted and finely sliced
– 1 teaspoon olive oil
– a wee little smidgen of minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon cream
End the war:
– heat the olive oil over a low heat
– add that ridiculously cute small portion of garlic into the oil for a wee fry
– pop all the vegetables in and stir frequently, allow to cook for around 5 minutes
– pour in the cream, stir, and turn off the heat.
– serve up those sneakily tasty vegetables with some meat if desired!
– allow hilarity to ensue
Young person olive face = brilliant,