Smoothies. What can I say? They’re cheeky and I like it. They are a great way to smuggle fruit into the diets of kids and weird grown ups with fruit aversions. I’m not going to lie to you – these babies pack some calories, but they also allow the opportunity for stocking up on minerals (like potassium, calcium, magesium) and vitamins (catch you later, Berocca, you can b-b-bouce). Let’s not deny the fact that they taste bloody awesome. This sultry smoothie tastes like a mini-holiday – banana and mango anyone? Let’s do this.
(Makes one large serve or divide between grown up and bub)
– 1 cup frozen cubed mango (you can cut up your own and freeze it or buy it pre-chopped in the frozen supermarket bit, or buy organic stuff from a healthfood place)
– 1 chopped banana
– 1 cup of milk (rice, cow, goat, almond, soy) OR make me really proud and use coconut milk. Let’s go tropical on those unsuspecting taste buds!
– 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– optional: 1 or 2 tablespoons of natural yoghurt or CoYo
– optional: 1/2 scoop of protein powder if you want to be fuller than a young mans ballsack
– put all this in the blender and whizz the shit out of it. That frozen mango might make the blender work, but he can handle it.
– pour into a cup (split it with a tiny human if you have one)