Smoothies: sneaky fruit smugglers, and I love them for it. They feel utterly decadent and indulgent, but in truth they are vehicles for a nutrient-BOOM. Plus they are super-quick in the morning for busy fuckers. Perfect for bumping up the fruit intake of humans of any size.
– 1 cup of milk of your choice (rice, soy, cow, goat, almond, coconut, whatever you like)
– 1 cup of frozen mixed berries (you can freeze your own or buy them in packs in the freezer section at the supermarket)
– 1/2 a banana
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 3 or 4 tablespoons plain yoghurt (I use CoYo, a yoghurt made from coconut milk)
– if you feel compelled to have extra protein, chuck in some protein powder or a raw egg (probably skip the egg for tiny humans who don’t have cast-iron guts)
It’s BOOM time:
– put everything in a blender and give it a good whizzing
– pop it in a cup a drink that awesome shit!